Breadth of Work: Art Direction, Logo Design, Brand Identity, Print Design, Web Design & Development | Year: 2018
Tools: Illustrator, Photoshop, WordPress
CLIENT & PROJECT OVERVIEW:
Marlyn’s Hair Salon Unisex, LLC is a new Hair Salon located in the Wheaton Triangle, an up-and-coming shopping area in Maryland, that specializes in providing high-quality hair coloring treatments. Today, the community’s focus has shifted to revitalizing the area through undergoing the massive construction of a new town center. This process has also initiated the gentrification process which has been difficult for many to adapt to. The owner had a need for a brand refresh and an effective online presence.
I was tasked with redesigning the client’s outdated logo and marketing identity. I began by established the new look and feel of the brand by creating a simple, minimal, design as the foundation of the brand identity. Additionally, I was tasked with redesigning the salon’s outdated website.
- Created a Full Logo Package – Includes the Primary Logo, an Alternate, a Submark, a Favicon and consists of 3 color Variations (Color + Black + White).
- Provided 5 Logo Design Concepts + 3 Rounds of Editing.
- Established the Color Palette + Created the Brand Style Guidelines.
- Brand Identity – I designed custom high-quality, print-ready business cards (front and back).
- Provided 2 Corporate Identity Design Concepts + 2 Round of Editing.
- Website Release: Version 1.0 – Designed, developed and tested a responsive WordPress-based website (Fully Responsive & Mobile Optimized).
ver 1.0 – Release! (Current version)
NOTE: MAJ Solutions is currently working on the second release of the Marlyn’s Hair Salon website.
MAJ Solutions serves as an independent consultant to Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) and was commissioned to provide limited-services to their client: Marlyn’s Hair Salon Unisex, LLC. The client is responsible for all written content.