Breadth of Work: Art Direction, Logo Design, Brand Identity, Web Design & Development, Product Photography
Year: 2018 — Present
Tools Used: Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, WordPress
CLIENT & PROJECT OVERVIEW:
Glory’s Top Fashion is a micro-departmental fashion boutique located on Georgia Avenue in Washington, DC consisting of everything from clothing to accessories to cosmetics collected from all around the world. Years ago, this area was a hub for style-conscious individuals to purchase unique finds but today it’s going through the gentrification process which has been difficult for many to adapt to. The owner had an urgent need to freshen her brand and conform to today’s modern technology solutions.
Felicita, the shop owner, was really in love with her original logo design and wanted me to redesign it. Knowing the shop offers rare and one-of-a-kind items, I used this concept as inspiration in recreating an elegant and original serif logotype designed exclusively for the brand. Before finalizing the logo, I wanted to find the perfect symbiosis between sophistication, solidity, and personality. My solution was to incorporate gold foil accents to represent the quality of the items. Lastly, to showcase the products as directly as possible to current and future clients, I built a sophisticated, Retina-Ready WordPress website furnished with eye-popping design and user-friendly functionalities.
- Full Logo Set Package (Redesign) – Includes the Primary Logo, an Alternate, a Submark, a Favicon and consists of 3 color Variations (Color + Black + White).
- Provided 5 Logo Design Concepts + 2 Rounds of Editing.
- Established the Color Palette and created the Brand Style Guidelines to ensure consistency in the corporate identity and presence across various channels.
- Brand Identity – I designed custom high-quality, print-ready business cards (front and back).
- Website Release: Version 1.0 – Designed, developed and tested a responsive WordPress-based website (Ecommerce Capabilities, Fully Responsive & Mobile Optimized).
- Product Photography & Editing – Using a white matte background, I photographed various items and implemented my thorough editing process which includes touch-up of minor defects, color correction, and web optimization.
ver 1.0 – Release! (Current version)
NOTE: MAJ Solutions is currently working on the second release of the Glory’s Top Fastion website.
MAJ Solutions serves as a consultant to Glory’s Top Fashion, LLC and is providing secured web hosting services and ongoing website maintenance & technical support. The client is responsible for all written content.